Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Your Parents House

Well, we've exhausted all the other options. Its time for you to ask your parents if you can invite 100 underwear clad bike riders over to their swimming pool this Sunday night sometime after midnight.

Seriously, if your parents have a swimming pool ask them. I asked my parents and they told me that we didn't have a swimming pool. Then I asked them to build a swimming pool just for the event but they thought it would be too expensive. Also, don't be afraid to ask your parents friends if we can swim at their pool. I promise that everyone will be on their best behavior.

-

Everyone I have talked to about Steven Barney Wilkes' Most Illogical Alley Cat Race, said it was a king bitch good time. I've seen the spoke cards and race materials and let me tell you, the Alley Cat set a new record for best production value and organization on an FBC event. Congratulations to Christopher Connolley for winning the race and to Casey Saunders for getting dead fucking last.

I hope that everyone follows in the footsteps of Steven and Jim Utz and takes it upon themselves to put on their own kick ass FBC event. If anyone is interested in getting something started, I am happy to give out the password for this website so you can make your voice heard in the cavernous expanses of the internet.

-

FBC legend Jeff Everett and his wife recently moved to Spokane Washington. The have already started a Spokane Chapter of FBC and an FBC Spokane blog. Check it out here,

fbcspokane.blogspot.com

Jeff predicts a turn out of two (2) riders for the Fiasco on Sunday, him and his wife. I wonder if they will be riding in their underwear.

If you have any leads on a swimming pool please let me know.
leetodo@yahoo.com

-Lee

11 Comments:

Blogger FBC Spokane said...

Sorry Lee. I hate to disappoint, but it will be sub 60 degrees Sunday night. Not good on the nips.

When you guys get started it will by 9:00 here. Somebody call so I can hear the announcement. Cole, I think you have my number.

July 25, 2007 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't tell a lie, that was a lot of damn work.

It wasn’t just me either. It was a team of dedicated and creative volunteer fbc’ers that made the alley cat happen. Thanks again and again to those who know who you are! I just loved the theme of checkpoint #2. Some of my tricks worked too, like the initial pictures and two decoy riders on the course. (I had to make them decoys, they knew the route and stops ahead of time. Who do you think I tested the format out on?).

I am a little worn around the edges but I am already thinking about what I could do differently. If there is a brave soul that wants to try their hand at promotion of an event, I would gladly act as a consultant or maybe even an asssistant.

On with the FUN!.

July 25, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Completely unrelated but... Great site:
http://www.bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

July 25, 2007 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how would everyone feel about a lake, pond, or river if there is no pool.

July 25, 2007 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from "how to avoid the bummer life"

Steps to a good weekend;
1) Wear a straw hat.
2) Ride a bicycle.
3)Throw your underpants away.
4) Have a cocktail out of a tiki mug.

See? Its really just that easy.

July 27, 2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger STL BIKE POLO said...

we need people to come and play bike polo before the fiasco !!

sunday 7:00ish @ Mt. Pleasant Park.
mallets provided. we are going to play for a few hours then ride w/ the FBC.

comment at www.stlbikepolo.blogspot.com if you are coming

July 27, 2007 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely unrelated, but Man, this bikesnob guy can be cold...

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/
2007/07/clash-of-mono-cog-titans.html

That kid with the peugeot is from STL. I worked on his bike, he needs more clue stick but his heart is in the right place.

July 27, 2007 4:18 PM  
Blogger STL BIKE POLO said...

for anyone who was thinking about showing up at bike polo this sunday, we changed the time to NOON

July 28, 2007 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we should ride to the rain cage on the north side. anyone else know what im talking about?

July 28, 2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger rmf4 said...

or Millbrook pool at WashU?

July 28, 2007 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know of a great big pool that is easy to sneek into in Florissant(North County) From Forrest Park it is a really flat hour long ride. I will be there tonight if you want to go

July 29, 2007 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Hit Counter