Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cold Nights and Bicycles


"Hey look, it's a full moon."

That's the thought that goes through my mind, without fail, at at least once every Fiasco. Maybe my brain doesn't work properly.

The FBC went for a bike ride on Tuesday night. It was cold out. It's January after all. Thankfully Tony was waiting for us at Turtle Park with some jugs of potent brew to warm us up. Tony rules.

Its fun riding down the street with 60 bikers at 11:45 on a 20 degree January night. People in cars have this confused look on their face that just warms my heart. I wonder what we'd have to do to elicit a look that would warm our fingers and toes.

Our route took us though Forest Park, one and half times around the Muny traffic circle like a space ship slingshoting to the moon. Down Lindell Blvd, to 21st, to Market, to 18th, to Chouteau, to Lenore K Sullivan, we looked up the skirt of the arch, made a left on the cobble stones and experienced 45 seconds of hell before reaching the Bar.

There was absolutely no back pack brisket on this ride.

We did however get five people into a phone booth and close the door.

Someone may or may not have, knowingly or unknowingly, drank some amount of human urine.

Riding home at four o'clock on a cold Wednesday morning in January you could almost forget that there are ever cars on the road.

-Lee

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Someone (i think Lee) took a pic of me all bundled up with my balaclava and shite and a girl as we were leaving the bar. Any chance of getting it posted somewhere?
Thanks,
Dave

January 24, 2008 3:40 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I miss backpack brisket and tough guys trying to beat me up for no good reason. I'll see you guys in warmer times.

I'll bring my brass knuckles!

January 24, 2008 4:39 PM  
Blogger roseblablabland said...

that dude better bring something better than knuckles...

January 24, 2008 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had absolutely forgotten that I was in a telephone booth with four other people.

January 24, 2008 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I had to do to elicit a look that warmed my toes was weave S formations down the middle of an empty Delmar Boulevard at 2:45am past two occupied squad cars.

January 24, 2008 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We could have gotten way more people in that phone booth!

January 24, 2008 9:33 PM  
Blogger Ryan Damage said...

With six of us I don't think that door was going to close.

January 25, 2008 2:45 PM  
Blogger rmf4 said...

Damn! I knew I was missing a good ride.

January 25, 2008 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was either van delay, dick racer or shoemaker who may or may not have drank human urine.

January 26, 2008 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i live in illinois and i ride with a bunch of old guys whose gloves cost more than my bike. i'm tired of lycra and shifting gears. this is a cry for help.

January 26, 2008 9:04 PM  
Blogger _bussmann said...

rip rh tc.

January 26, 2008 11:47 PM  
Blogger Critical Mass St Louis said...

i think we ended up smoking some of that brisket.

January 29, 2008 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody else realize that the next full moon is also a total lunar eclipse?

February 04, 2008 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Hit Counter